Odyssey Logistics Europe BVBA Certified as Trusted Trader
Companies earn trust. In global logistics management, excellence in quality and safety practices is the foundation for that trust.
Odyssey Logistics Europe BVBA, a full subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology (OL&T), earned recognition as a trusted trader by the European Union (EU).
The EU granted Odyssey Logistics Europe BVBA certification as an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO), awarding the subsidiary the highest level of the certificate, AEO-Full.
The EU developed the AEO in response to the need for security in a growing global supply chain. The United States (U.S.) Custom Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) offers similar protection.
The EU and U.S. base the programs on the World Customs Organization's Standards to Secure and Facilitate Global Trade (SAFE Framework). Both recognize traders with certification as trusted traders.
AEO certification acknowledges fulfillment of requirements in the following areas:
- Successful safety and security assessment of procedures and systems
- Proof of secured access to business, shipping, manufacturing and storage areas
- Proof of third-party/suppliers safety and security procedures
- Established prospective employee screening procedures
- Employee training on safety and security procedures
- Proof of financial solvency
Odyssey Logistics Europe BVBA joined more than 5,000 companies approved as AEOs in the EU.
Customers benefit from doing business with AEO-certified companies. Trusted traders, like Odyssey Logistics Europe BVBA, experience fewer delays in the transport of goods, increased cost savings, and quicker delivery times.
We invite you to read the full press release here.